As temperatures begin to fall, and nature makes its transition to shorter days and longer nights, it’s an excellent time to cleanse, renew, and align with nature’s rhythms–not only physically, but also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The ancient art of Ayurvedic cleansing, known as panchakarma, is an effective, time-tested process of cleansing and renewal on all of these levels.
Just as it is necessary to tune up your car’s engine regularly, your body also needs regular cleansing and rejuvenation to keep it healthy and disease-free. Ayurveda recommends that we cleanse at the changing of the seasons, when our outer environment changes, in order to remove accumulated doshas (imbalances) and re-set our internal environment. Ayurvedic cleansing has been used for thousands of years, and is famous for its ancient, proven process of removing impurities, balancing the tissues, and restoring harmony and health to all levels of our being.
Benefits of Ayurvedic cleansing include:
- Increased energy levels
- Stronger immune system
- Effortless weight loss
- Clearing and soothing the skin (removing dryness and inflammation)
- Alleviation of pain
- Resetting your body’s cravings (so that you crave what’s good for you)
- Letting go of old mental patterns, emotions, addictions, and behaviors
- Improved digestion, metabolism, absorption of nutrients, and elimination of wastes
- Increased mental clarity and focus
- Aligning with your body’s natural rhythms
- Do all of this gently and safely–without deprivation, extreme fasting, or discomfort
What to expect
An Ayurvedic cleanse consists of 3 phases: the pre-cleanse, primary cleanse, and post-cleanse.
The first 4 days of the cleanse, you will focus on preparing your body to cleanse. In addition to kindling your digestive fire and cleaning up your diet, you will also learn specific techniques for balancing the nervous system and opening bodily channels so that accumulated wastes can be eliminated.
For the next 7 days, you will undergo a deep transformation as you purge old, unwanted mental, physical, and emotional waste. Your internal organs will be purging toxins and removing excess doshas (imbalances), and your metabolism will become balanced as your digestive fire heals. You will be supported through this transition by techniques that keep the mind and nervous system calm, including pranayama (breathing practices), yoga, and meditation.
In the final 3 days of the cleanse, your focus will be on balancing the digestive fire and rejuvenating the tissues. You will return to the pre-cleanse diet, adding in seasonal, rejuvenating foods to increase strength and enhance your immune system.
- A cleanse introductory video to help you prepare for the cleanse. This instructional video will help you determine which supplies you’ll need, and includes instructions for ordering your supplies.
- Access to one-on-one phone and email support from Debby throughout the 14-day cleanse.
- A step-by-step Cleanse Manual to help you navigate the entire process.
- A Recipe Guide with optional Meal Plans.
- Seasonal food list.
- Mindfulness practices. Including: introspection, yoga, meditation, & pranayama (breathwork).
- Daily emails. To help you stay motivated and inspired.
- Private Facebook Group. You’ll have access to our private facebook group for support, community, and connection.
- Step-by-step video instructions for each phase of the cleanse, including the pre-cleanse, primary cleanse, and post-cleanse phases.
You can expect to spend approximately $100-$150 on all of your cleansing supplies, which includes food for the main cleanse.